Cosmetic dentistry is considered to be a type of dental job that works to augment the look of your gums, bite, and teeth. Commonly, this branch of dentistry concentrates on improving dental aesthetics in position, color, alignment, size, shape, and general smile appearance of people. Cosmetic dentistry improves people’s smiles by reshaping teeth, whitening or lightening teeth, mending damaged teeth, substituting missing teeth, and straightening teeth.
The common cosmetic dental treatment processes
Empty anchor is a popular process. Some common cosmetic processes of dental treatment include:
- Tooth whitening– This is acknowledged as a highly effective way that works to lighten the natural shade of a person’s teeth. However, tooth whitening does not remove any tooth surface and does not even change the color of the tooth completely, though it lightens the present shade. People need tooth whitening for several reasons. As every person seems to be different from each other, their skin and hair color vary, and here, teeth color is not an exception. People suffer from discolored teeth when they become older, and at times, their teeth become stained by drinks like red wine, tea, coffee, and blackcurrant. And then, they opt for tooth whitening.
- Porcelain veneers– They are very thin customized jackets or shells that cover a tooth’s front surface. At times, porcelain veneers are used to reestablish strength and function. Thin ceramic sheets have become a hugely common option for cosmetic dentists across the world. They cover some portions of the damaged tooth that need an alteration in color or shape. Porcelain veneers are considered to be an effective conservative substitute for dental crowns.
- Dental implants– They are known as artificial structures, and dental surgeons insert them into the jawbone of people. People opt for dental implants when they lose one or multiple teeth. Dental surgeons use a screw-like structure to insert an implant right into a person’s jawbone, and it works similarly to an anchor. An abutment links the dental implant and the artificial tooth.
- Dental bonding– Also known as teeth bonding or composite bonding, dental bonding is a kind of cosmetic dentistry process that improves people’s smiles. The dentists apply tooth-colored resin to the injured teeth, and this way, they modify their color, size, or shape. The process of dental bonding seems effective in mending chips, altering the color and shape of teeth, and closing down gaps between teeth. Dental bonding is different from other treatments like porcelain veneers, as the former can be reversed completely.
- Clear aligners– Clear aligners are also called invisible braces, and they are transparent trays that are created from special materials that work to straighten teeth, similar to braces. This process utilizes constant and gentle force to push the teeth into the needed place. Hence, clear aligners free people from the bother of using brackets and metal wires. Clear aligners are customized for every patient who undergoes a digital scan.
Cosmetic dentistry does not only work to improve smiles but people’s lives, too. Dental surgeons remain committed to serving every person with premium-quality and personalized cosmetic dental care. Hence, no matter whether you need a dramatic change or a subtle change, you can accomplish your goals in cosmetic dentistry efficiently and well. Find an empty anchor to know the details.