Hair transplant is an astonishing opportunity for hair loss sufferers and is the most preferred hair loss solution. These procedures are gaining a lot of attention worldwide as the results offered are permanent and surprisingly natural looking. Hair transplant involves transfer of hair follicles from the donor area which is most commonly the back and side of the head and alternatively the body hairs.
Earlier primitive hair transplant techniques were very primitive and were unable to provide the natural results. Nowadays, the hair transplant techniques are constantly upgrading which has made it possible for the procedure to provide extremely natural outcomes with high success rate.
Hair transplant in India has become widely available and popular due to the high demand of the procedure. India has become the prime destination for hair transplant tourism as the hair transplant cost in India is highly affordable. Not only the cost effectiveness few highly approached hair transplant clinics are maintaining high international standards.
Hair transplant techniques and their significances
Hair transplant procedure is performed using 2 basic techniques which are different based on the graft harvesting procedure. It cannot be said that any of the technique is best as both the techniques are significant in their indicated cases. These techniques and their significances are explained as follows:
- FUT hair transplant technique (strip technique): Strip technique is performed by harvesting a thin strip from the donor area which is then sent to graft separation room for further dissection of the hair grafts. The harvested individual hair grafts are then transplanted to the recipient site. Each of the steps associated with the procedure is performed under high magnification so as to ensure the keen observation and least damage rate.
Significance: The significance offered by FUT hair transplant technique includes:
- It is a preferred technique in extensive baldness cases as the technique offers the provision of harvesting higher number of hair grafts approximately 3000 – 3500 grafts.
- This technique offers the provision of no shaving prior to performing hair transplant which is preferable especially by females and young patients.
- This technique offers the provision of long term benefits by preserving the hair grafts for future sittings usually in cases of progressive hair loss.
- This technique offers the hair transplant with least damage rate to the hair grafts as the procedure is performed under high magnification.
- With the advanced technique of suturing termed trichophytic closure you can achieve FUT hair transplant with almost invisible scarring.
- FUE hair transplant technique: FUE technique is been performed by extracting the hair follicles from the donor area using a specialized punching device which are then directly transplanted at the recipient site. Each of the procedure should be performed under high magnification so as to limit the damage rate of the hair grafts. In this technique the hair grafts are pulled by assuming the location of the hair root so is a blind procedure. Thus, this technique higher damage rate he compared to the former technique.
The significance of FUE hair transplant technique includes:
- This technique is a preferred technique in initial stages of baldness and facial hair transplant (beard, moustache and eyebrows) as the technique provides lesser number of hair grafts approximately 2000 – 2500 grafts.
- This technique does not need huge infrastructure and can be performed with lesser number of equipments.
- This technique provides the hair transplant with almost invisible scarring.
- This technique is fairly easy as compared to the FUT hair transplant technique but is very technique sensitive and précised.
Advanced hair transplant techniques and their significances
There are few latest advanced hair transplant techniques which are innovated with the intention of providing high density hair transplant in single session. The recent techniques introduced are combination technique of FUT + FUE and combination technique of FUT +FUE +BHT. These techniques offer harvesting more than 4000 hair grafts in single session.
- These techniques are efficient in providing ample coverage in extensive baldness cases in single session.
- These techniques offers long term benefits by providing provision of future sittings despite harvesting higher number of hair grafts.
- These techniques negate the chance of overharvesting and violation of safe zone.
- These techniques offer lesser damage to hair grafts as FUE technique is only used to harvest the residual number of hair grafts.
Dr Suneet Soni, the head of Medispa hair transplant clinics has expertise in performing all the techniques of hair transplant and has successfully incorporated the newer techniques into regular practice. Medispa hair transplant clinics are fully equipped with the latest technology armamentarium to perform any technique of hair transplant with utmost efficiency.
If you are looking for perfect hair transplant with advanced approach, book your appointment now with Medispa clinics.